Skip to main content

Laskiaispullat

And no sooner is one seasonal cake baked and eaten, than we have another!
This week, the suomikoulu organised a competition to see who could bake the best laskiaispulla, and these were the entries. Heidi won, quite rightly - anteeksi, I can't remember which one of these was hers, but I suspect it was A - but Kari and Ria-Noora came close with some tasty looking bakes.

Heidi told us about a dispute, which goes way back, as to the proper filling for the laskiaispulla, almond paste or raspberry jam, and we also held a poll to find out what people thought (result not yet in, but it looked as if raspberry jam was shading it).

I had a go, and it was time consuming - grinding the cardamom, and of course kneading the dough and performing all those unholy rituals trying to persuade it to rise - but fun. I'll definitely do this again - after seeing the other entries I know what I'm aiming for!